Monday, April 4, 2011

The perfect evening snack?

We ate dinner on the deck tonight. I didn't even cook it. Pete, ordered Pad Thai from our local Thai food place. Here's my excuse: Owen, Ty and I came home later than usual after being stuck in suburban DC traffic.
We did have a beautiful, fun day. Chaperoned Owen and 2 of his school friends during their field trip to the Patuxent Wildlife Refuge. That's an outing I would have being disappointed to miss. After dropping Owen back to school for his "lunch bunch" and Nature Explorer program, I came home to a well rested Ty who asked to make cookies with "mommy's white machine" (that would be my KitchenAid mixer).
I pull it out and he explodes in excited laughter exclaiming "HURRAY for mommy's white machine!!!" He did all of it short of the ingredient measuring, including cracking the egg, which is way easier now that we get the pastured kind. Somehow, the shell is thicker, or stronger ... or both, and WAY easier for a 3 year old to crack. His previous egg cracking were more a pulverizing really.
Now you get a hint of the evening snack I just enjoyed.
After much time spent outside enjoying today's summer-like weather, we headed back to Woodend Sanctuary to pick Owen up from school (oh right, he goes to Audubon Nature Preschool ... THE most fabulous preschool in the world if you ask me!).
We then picked up our weekly meat and dairy grass-fed yummies (hint number 2) and headed to a park with our friends Erin and Claire (Claire hitched a ride in the car with us)
All that to say that the kids had so much fun that we didn't leave until 5pm ... glad I put the food in appropriate bags.
Enough talking. Doesn't a picture says a 1000 words?


In my opinion, there's not a whole lot better than cookies made by my kid (read "not me") and milk with enough cream to stick to the glass and give you a HELL of a milkstache :)
On this note, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment