Saturday, April 30, 2011

April and May smell so good!!

My little guys were born during those months so of course they smell lovely ... add the spring air and the fresh blooms and I've got the perfect smell-o-rama!

We had the boys' birthday celebration today, both requested turtles, both requested the same list of friends so we had our first combined party. I would have invited more people personally and Owen did request a few extras a little too late in the game but Ty was adamant about who he wanted. We stuck with the original list (to the few of you that weren't here, you probably know who you are and I am sorry).
What great weather this year! Seems as though all the kids had a great time. The cakes turned out ok though I wish I had had more time to add grass or something instead of just laying them on foil...



How does it compare to last year's "worm" cake??



Onto flowers ... nothing says May 1st like the smell of lilly of the valley to me. 


And the irises we got from a neighbor 2 years ago, the ones who made leaves but never bloomed? I went around in March and replanted all the rhizomes so they would show. I read that the problem might be that the rhizomes weren't shallow enough ... it worked!!! They are popping up everywhere ... the smell is so sweet and they are some of the more beautiful flowers we have in our yard. I'm not much for flowers that aren't edible but these are keepers!






2 comments:

  1. I"ll try commenting again on this post. I love the cakes, both the turtles and the worm.

    I will always think about what my sister said about irises... "they look like they're in their pajamas! so sloppy!" (she obviously prefers a *neater* flower!) :)

    Tx for keeping up your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... I think they are gorgeous and smell heavenly! Thanks for reading it :)

    ReplyDelete