The garden prep is slowly advancing. Yesterday we mulched the alleys and we got the chicken wire in today but I never had time to pick it up. Hopefully, we will make a family trip of it tomorrow and put it around the garden to prevent our family "furries" as well as the neighborhood wild ones from destroying young, delicate plants.
The salad table is doing great too, as are the plants the boys got at Brookside Gardens for Earth Day Fest last week.
We finished the day by hanging our fabulous bat box. That was a little scary to watch ... me under the ladder, Pete 15 feet or so above. Either way, it's up there and we hope the bats move in soon.
We also got some new pets and compost helpers ... Pete made me sortapromise to leave them outside ... hum hum ... let's see how that goes. We even made them a pretty little house of their own.
This afternoon, inspired by our favorite librarian, we set off to rescue some wood frog tadpoles. Who knew they really didn't need rescuing in our neighborhood?? Well, that is unless you can convince neighbors to open up their pool tarps which I wasn't confortable doing. I see wood frogs everywhere here in summer, we have a few creeks in the neighborhood, pools etc ... you would think that one of those frogs would have laid a jelly sack full of eggs in an inconvenient spot, no?? Well, maybe another day ... we were ready though, heads full of hopes and spring in our steps. I guess it was good news for the tadpoles.
 |
| pulling ahead ... |
 |
| Ty ready with his net |
 |
| Owen far ahead with the critter box |
 |
| exploring one of the neighborhood creeks |
That is one gorgeous salad box! I have complete garden envy :)
ReplyDeleteLOL! Thank you! I have to say that we LOVE it ... ok, I LOVE it! I don't ever have to worry about aphids in my lettuces anymore, or slugs ... it's perfect!
ReplyDelete