Wednesday, April 13, 2011

(not so) happy 5th birthday to my big boy!!!

Today, Owen is turning 5. He came home early from preschool yesterday and slept like I've never seen him sleep before for most of the afternoon.
Fever, chills, body aches, cough, nausea and vomiting ... sounds like a Pepto Bismol commercial.
Pete came home with a similar virus minus the stomach symptoms on Saturday. He's still miserable. Thankfully, Ty is mostly better, still on antibiotics and I sure hope this virus passes him by.
I WILL not get sick. No, really, I won't.

The day before Owen was born
Owen at about a week and a half
1st birthday
2nd birthday
3rd birthday
4th birthday
And for his fifth birthday ...

sick as a dog ...

opening his present

I was just asking Owen if he liked his present ...

 Can you see his face? Right after this last picture was taken, he threw up ... What a great birthday :(

Ty got his birthday gift as well since it would have been too hard for him to wait:

Happy boy ... almost 3 years old!
Meanwhile, in the kitchen ...

The batch of yogurt I made. which had to stay in the heat a lot longer than it was supposed to, looks GREAT ... but taste really sour with a hint of goat milk taste to it. Weird since I used cow's milk. Next time, I will use real yogurt starter, fresher milk and less heat.

Ty used the buttermilk and left over whey from the fridge to make fabulous chocolate chip buttermilk muffins and blueberry buttermilk muffins:



And my refrigerator is being taken over by an 80's icon ... my favorite:

2 comments:

  1. Owen is so so so cute! I love the pics on his birthdays through the years. Hope your sweet boy is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie ... and thanks for stopping by over here!!

    ReplyDelete