Sunday, April 3, 2011

Adventures in food dehydration

I recently did a little spring cleaning in the kitchen and got rid of a bunch of little kitchen appliances I never used. Of course, that frees up more space to store more crap, right?
I gave away a bunch of those things to my friend Barb who gave me a food dehydrator in return. So here I am, trying to dehydrate fruit for hikes and snacks but after 7 hours of "treatment", the banana, apple and pineapple slices have all been devoured! Here I am trying this again tonight with bananas and apples since it's all I have left.

After 30 minutes

After 3 hours

I am updating this today ... it's gonna be hard to tell what the fruit looks like at the end seeing that there isn't much left. I can only deduct that they are tasty!

that's all that is left!

Pretty treats!

Ty likes?
Oh yeah!!


4 comments:

  1. Cool! I have always been interested in dehydrating... What fruits worked the best, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm ... so far bananas SUPER thinly sliced are the best. Pineapple and apples were thicker and juicier so take a little more time I guess. This is my first try at it so we'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this post so disreguard my last comment! You've inspired me to bring mine up from the basement tomorrow when I get home from this place called work....ugh....wish I were home now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. work sucks. Glad I don't need one ;) Go for it though. I am liking mine so far!

    ReplyDelete