Friday, April 8, 2011

At least, it's not contagious ...

I have poison ivy all over my right cheek from pulling roots a few days before we planted our blueberry bushes. Thankfully I only react mildly to it compared to Owen who develops large blisters and has needed steroid to help with the symptoms.
Most importantly, Ty is still sick, miserable and running a fever. I bit the bullet this AM and called the pediatrician for an appointment. They got us in first thing and I am glad I did. Ty has a wicked sinus infection, his tonsils are enormous from a bad case of tonsillitis. If he doesn't get better by Monday with the antibiotics prescribed today he needs a chest X-ray to rule out pneumonia. Really? Pneumonia?!?
He got his first dose this AM and I can already see a bit of improvement in the past hour. Thank you Doc for prescribing a strong, fast acting antibiotic!

Still in his PJs, only soothed by watching "The Cat in the Hat" while picking up Owen from school
Ty's energy and appetite are slowly coming back. We are taking it sloooowly since he's always had a tendency to gag and throw up easily. Crackers, apple sauce, homemade dry fruit and a little bit of diluted juice. Oh ... and a homemade "Slurpee" ... hum hum ... now, I should preface this by saying that this is a rare occasion and that my kids don't really drink soda on a regular basis. I actually ban all high fructose corn syrup form the house so I went with the Pepsi Throwback (with real sugar) LOL ... love the name. Ok, it's still soda but hey, if I can get my kid to hydrate by giving him a cup of crushed ice with a few tablespoons of Pepsi, then whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment