This AM, we joined some friends to the Gas and Steam engine show at the Agricultural History Farm Park. As usual, the boys had a blast, even more so since they were hanging out with great friends. The traction engine and the saw mill were one of the top attractions ... well, after the hay loft in which the boys jumped and crawled through tunnels made out out of bails of hay. The chicken coop was also the best according to Ty ... this little boy takes after me I guess.
I also loved the saw mill and witnessing the complete transformation from tree trunk to perfect wood planks. The air smelled strongly of red oak, which I rather enjoy.
 |
| boys and friends |
 |
| Ty happy with the chickens. We even got to pet a few. |
We got home around 2PM and Ty still being sick, Pete now sick and Owen very tired, we stayed in for a little while. Ty and I made Orange-lemonade with raw honey, baked the second loaf of bread and I started my first batch of yogurt from scratch with milk that was starting to sour just a bit. I followed the tutorial from
Nourished Kitchen. We'll see how it turns out.
No comments:
Post a Comment