Saturday, April 16, 2011

Better living through chemistry part DEUX

So Pete is on antibiotics now ... Ty still on them until Tuesday. Owen and Pete (even with meds) are still really sick. Owen lives off ibuprofen and a few scraps of food and crashes hard at in the evenings but doesn't sleep well at night. We went to the pediatrician's office this AM to make sure there wasn't any underlying bacterial infection. I was hoping there would be just so we could get meds and kick whatever this is. UGH! Nope, it's a virus, no signs of strep throat or any other bug we could pulverize with meds so we wait ... I hate the wait, I hate seing my lively little boy laying on the couch, zoning out from lack of energy and from feeling so sick and tired.
Thankfully, the ibuprofen and acetaminophen are still working at keeping the fever and pain down. As much as I also hate giving him this stuff, that's what they are there for when they are needed.

Indie the Rescue Dobe also got to go to the vet today, routine stuff but he's loosing weight without change to his diet or exercise ... still licking himself (he is very neurotic) and he got a shot and a blood draw. He might need to get on doggie Prozac to help him kick the licking habit. He truly injures himself and it's pretty hard to get him not to do it. Poor baby :(
poor Indie boy ...
We did some painting today ... well, the boys painted and I cleaned. Isn't that how it usually goes?
Owen's pictures
Ty's pictures
Ty LOVES glitter paint
So do I ... very psychedelic ...
reminds me of a frog
Multitasking in the dehydrator today as well. We needed to use a few bananas so might as well do apples ... oh, and the few mangoes that were starting to get tired on the window sill ... And since the dehydrator is on and I got my yogurt/fromage blanc cultures in the mail today, let's try them!!


Man! It's such a nasty day out, everyone is sick, but not me!
I will NOT get sick! No, really, I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment