Monday, May 9, 2011

I spy, with my little Ty, something that it speckled!

While checking ont he status of the blueberry bushes today (they are VERY happy by the azaleas) Ty and I heard the telltale call of an angry cardinal. As we got closer to the azaleas, we saw a blur of red flying out toward the creek and that's when I spotted it. We have a cardinal's nest in the azaleas!! I couldn't help but peek very discreetly.
there it is! (yes, those are my legs and shoes in the lower right hand corner)
it's just gorgeous
We will try and avoid that area from now on but I have to say that it may be a hard thing to do since the teepee is only 25 feet from the nest! Last year we were lucky to witness a robin laying her 4 eggs under our deck and we saw their development from egg to fledgling. It was awesome. This time, it won't be as accessible but maybe once in a while I will go in stealth mode and peek as I am checking on the blueberry bushes.

Ty also had fun painting and chose that over having a real lunch. He had cheese crackers and strawberries and went right to painting. Thankfully and for the sake of everyone's sanity, he had a nice sandwich around 2pm.




No comments:

Post a Comment