Saturday, May 7, 2011

Critters

So after my early mother's day breakfast in bed and lounging with my laptop, Pete took the boys for a bike ride, leaving me to sow the last seeds I needed to get in the garden. On the way back up the hill and after adding the last fence post holding the chicken wire, I discovered an entire patch of sunflower sprouts (in the same area as the other day) including one growing in the crack of the patio pavers under our deck. I really can't wait to see how or if they'll grow.


Our furry little bug hunter followed me like a dog all morning, finding the cucumber trellis a fun place to lounge on apparently and also giving me some fun pictures :) He is such an incredible climber.





Silly Tenzing!!
I also found this really cool eyed click beetle this evening while walking around in the front yard. It was pretty impressive as it "jumped" to right itself until I got it in the bug box and it thought I was a predator ... it then faked its own death ... either way, the boys got to see it and I put it back where I found it a few minutes later



Hurray for living things all around the house!

2 comments:

  1. You are braver than I am. I think that bug might have totally freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was way cool!! Bugs are pretty neat I think :)

    ReplyDelete