Saturday, July 2, 2011

veggies, activities, worries ...

The veggies are really exploding lately. I need to go to the garden every couple of days to check on bug status and ever single time was too long in between my visits so I have too much stuff. My neighbors are happy though!

Missing 5 cherry tomatoes from this harvest picture :)
On Thursday we went to Meadowside Nature Center. They had a campfire and little movie so we went out late for once (it was from 8 to 9pm) and the boys LOVED it. We had s'mores and laughed at the 12 minute "funny TV" as Ty put it. I guess neither of them had ever seen a projector and white screen LOL.

Optimal position to avoid burning oneself while s'moring ...
chasing fireflies
Ty and Owen went to one of their good friend's birthday party this AM and really enjoyed the firehouse tour. Funny since they have access to a firehouse and Daddy being a battalion chief and all ... they thought it was awesome. Ty was striking little manly hand-in-my-pocket poses wearing his "Daddy shirt" and little plastic fire hat.


Summer is going by really fast. I can't believe that Owen will be going to Kindergarten in 8 weeks ... 57 days to be exact until the first day of school. And Ty will follow closely ... 10 weeks to go, or 72 days. I am counting the days but not so eager to let go. 
I love watching them grow but I love witnessing every day of that growth. Once Owen starts school he will be away so much!! 
I need to work on myself and start the process of acceptance and letting go. He'll be exposed to so much unknown and not always welcomed things at school. I worry about things that we have purposely avoided and that are important to us as a family: not much TV, no video games, violence, disrespect, bullying etc ... I worry about what he might have to cope with, being a sensitive little boy who doesn't always know to look out for himself. I sure hope this school thing is worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh ça va passer vite jusqu'à la rentrée !
    et alors Kindergarten, c'est comme en Allemagne ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. un peu oui Fynn ... mais je crois que c'est plus comme un CP en France.

    ReplyDelete