Saturday, July 9, 2011

New growth in the garden, on 2 wheels and adding a new family sport

Yesterday, Pete came home with a new set of wheels. He found a pretty good deal on a KTM 50 SX mini on Craiglist. Owen is beside himself. He now has a "moto like Daddy's". It's insanely loud (2 strokes sound like very angry giant mosquitoes) and insanely powerful. In fact, too powerful for our yard but it's so loud that we won't be able to do stealth rides at our local park like we could with the OSETs.
Owen wanted to try it today anyway and we had some reservations about it. it takes a few seconds to respond when the gas comes on but once it does, WATCH OUT!!! It is a true race machine, a rocket that will launch even grown men to the moon. Get my point??
On his first run he did a huge wheelie and had a near miss with the fence but recovered just fine. He learned very quickly how to modulate the throttle and he was loving the power and there was a smile on his face the entire time. HE really amazes us with his ability to "feel" machines and learn fast from their feedback.
Here is the rocket!
going over safety rules
after a few start and stop drills yesterday, just to see how it felt
Here he is on his very first ride today:


After posting this, my garden sure feels uninteresting ... but either way, WE HAVE CORN!!!



Also, I found out that one of the voluntary squash in the boys' garden is some sort of an ornamental gourd from the looks of it:

reminds me of a toad
The boys and I also started a new sport today. The boys both earned their white belt in Tae Kwon Do and I, my white belt for Muay Thai (Thai kickboxing). It was an intense workout for me. I did a bit of cardio kickboxing for a while about 10 years ago and I thought it would always remain the "hardest workout I would ever experience". Nope, this one tops it by far. It hurt so good too! I sure hope I can walk tomorrow.
The boys had a blast as well and we cannot wait to go back to BBMAC in Kensington on Monday. It is such a welcoming, high energy and positive place!! All the instructors are fun, lively, knowledgable and approachable. It's just an awesome place.

2 comments:

  1. Oh la belle moto !!!! (smiley dents bleues si tu vois ce que je veux dire)

    je te lis régulièrement mais je ne comprends pas tout ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... ben continues a lire, tu comprendras un petit peu plus tous les jours ;)
    Et je sais tres bien ce que tu veux dire pour les dents bleus hehehe.

    ReplyDelete