Thursday, June 30, 2011

Garden maintenance and more moto riding

Yesterday, I did a bit of maintenance in the veggie garden to try and tame the forest of gourds.

BEFORE:


AFTER:


We have a ton of bird house gourds growing ... might have enough to give a few away if they keep growing this well.
We also had a little visitor on the deck a couple of days ago and we moved him back to our blooming bird sewn sunflowers ... a little grey tree frog!!




I don't know where he lives but we put him here:



We have also harvested a zillion cucumbers, summer squashes and zucchinis. One of which was 8lbs ... I guess I hadn't gone in the garden in over 3 days and those things grow fast. It's the lighter colored one in the picture below which is half of what was harvested yesterday.


And the boys are going moto crazy ... again ...

2 comments:

  1. I have sunflower envy - none of ours germinated :(
    Mad

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Mad, the birds planted those for us ... it's their flowers really :)

    ReplyDelete