After the 3 little summer squashes from a few days ago, I knew it wouldn't be long until a true harvest. We got a nice set of zucchinis, summer squashes and 2 slender cucumbers this afternoon while destroying many squash bugs. Ugh, I hate those things. The garden is going to have to be tamed somehow but ... hum ... HOW?!?
Off course I had to do something delicious with these fresh treasures for dinner.
I gave our neighbors (who invited us to their pool for a few hours this afternoon ... thank you Sam and Kay!) a couple of zucchini and a couple of summer squashes and sauteed the rest in olive oil, herbs from the garden, garlic and a tablespoon of tomato sauce. WOW ... glorious. Made tomato and mozzarella salad with cuban basil from the garden and added those sweet and delicious little cucs in there as well. YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment