Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Camp day 2: GOATS!!! and more garden pics

I might have had more fun than the boys this AM. Ok, they had a blast too. We learned a bit about goats and different goat breeds, fed and brushed the kids (goats, not humans!) and ended with yet another really cute craft:

Owen enjoying feeding this little kid 
Ty's turn
Blizzard seemed to be enjoying his bottle
brushing Blizzard
petting and brushing some more

Blizzard tasting some grass
Ty loved feeding blades of grass to the goats
Goat mask craft
Owen the serious goat!
Tomorrow is pig day ... or a hay ride. Either way, Mama we can't wait!!

Here is the garden today. I am hopeful that my careful removal of SVB eggs and everyday plucking of squash bug larvae is going to pay off. Either way, I feel better doing something rather than let the bugs take over. So far, I haven't seen BMSB egg clusters or any other clusters in the garden. Keeping my fingers crossed





Helpful dinning visitor
If, like me, you make your own compost, you might have noticed some of these in your yard. They are picture-winged flies (thank you BugGuide)

No comments:

Post a Comment