We finally got some rain and went in search of a rainbow yesterday afternoon but never found one.
The garden really appreciated the rain. I think my cucumber plants are afflicted with anthracnose ... not sure but everyday some of the leaves are looking more spotted with brown and there are some lesions on the stems ... hmmm ... I started using a baking soda/veg oil/soap in water mixture to clean up the plants and act as a fungicide. I sure hope it works ... recipe here: baking soda spray.
Meanwhile, the garden looks like a forest and we plucked 1 summer squash off today. Hurray!
Speaking of harvest, we picked our first 2 quarts of blueberries for the season. Blueberry Gardens grows organic blueberries and is a hub for all zen practices such as Yoga, Qi Gong, acupuncture, massage etc ... pretty cool place and their blueberries are fabulous.
I made the strawberry cake from smitten kitchen, blog that my friend Gail turned me onto (thank you Gail). I hadn't had a chance to do it with the first strawberries we picked and then it fell off my radar until Stephanie (thank you too!) posted it on my Facebook wall. Ok ... I made it but next time, though it was utterly delicious, I will add more berries.
| cooking ... |
| done! |







Argh - I just wrote this long comment that got deleted when I tried to post it.
ReplyDeleteLove the cake - beautiful!
I always enjoy the links you post on FB, whether I officially comment or "like" them or not. The latest one on wearing older toddlers was appealing - Alice could use a little hip-sling thing. Did you do that for O and T?
Thought about making a blueberry-peach pie tonight, but decided I was done for. I love the summer fruit around now - it's so easy to make a good dessert! :)
-Gail
I did ... I wore Owen and Ty constantly as infants and much of their toddlerhoods. Owen like being worn up until 3 or so but Ty refused a bit before the age of 2. I had a zillion different carriers as well. Now it's Ty who likes to wear his "baby" around from time to time :) Thank you for reading too :) ... hmmm blueberry-peach pie ...
ReplyDelete