I ran the entire Turkey Chase 10K without ever walking or stopping. It was a challenging course, rather hilly but I did it. It took me a little over an hour but I felt great at the finish and could have kept going (ok, my knees and hips were complaining a bit, it was the first time I ever ran more than 4.5 miles). Owen ran the Turkey Chase 2 miler that morning with his friend Olivia as chaperone (she's 9 and awesome!). He did good, got a little tired but really liked it.
That weekend (11/26), we went camping again and the boys participated in a charity racing event in PA the next day. It was VERY challenging and though Pete had to modify the course for Ty, Owen took off on his own and followed the course alone. Pete and I were FLOORED! Owen's KTM overheated in the last lap and he was not able to finish. He was so upset and sad ... first mechanical-out ever for him.
Owen ran his very first 5K with me and our friends Justin and Olivia (same as the 2 miler). They did great, we walked a bit but they stayed motivated throughout and finished in about 45 minutes. Owen was so proud!!
![]() |
| I know my face looks weird, I was laughing and it was cold! |
![]() |
| Happy 5K finisher |
![]() |
| and then he really is starting to wean ... but I wanted to capture 1 last photo of him nursing. Of course, he's nursed almost every night since that picture last week! Leave it up to him ... |
All of that gave Ty some ideas he borrowed from our beloved instructors Mr Josh and Mr Nick (who teach both Ty and I as all the instructors do there). During the show, Mr Josh broke 10 thick wooden boards with a punch and Mr Nick broke 2 concrete blocks with a sort of drop kick. Here is Ty's inspired follow up that same night ... He also breaks (card)boards ...
And then there's me ... I LOVE Muay Thai, I want to get better and kick some major ass. I am completely into it. I did the board breaking class again last night and I have to say that it is one of the most empowering things I have ever done ... well, aside from giving birth :)














la photo de Ty et toi elle est TROP BEEELLLEE !!!!
ReplyDeleteet tes fils qui rigolent pdt les burps, c'est trop drôle !!!
et bravo à Owen pour la course !!!
merciiiiiii Alice chériiiiiiiie
Merci pour ton petit mot ma Lo!! Plein de bisous a toi aussi :) Et pis t'as vu, je ne raterai jamais plus un nouveau post de ton Blog maintenant que je l'ai en lien ici!!! <3
ReplyDelete