We left Saturday AM for Delaware's Blue Diamond Motocross for a week-end of camping and motorcycle racing. Owen and Ty (Ty's first race) was that same day and Pete's race was on Sunday. We had a fabulous time, great weather and Ty's first race experience was perfect!!
 |
| Ty at tech inspection |
 |
| Owen at tech inspection |
 |
| Boys riding to the start finish line |
 |
| Here we go!! |
 |
| Owen approaching the pine forest |
 |
| Ty (on the Left) approaching the pine forest |
 |
| Owen almost loosing it in the mud pit turn. A ton of kids crashed there throughout the race. |
 |
| Ty in the pine forest |
 |
| Owen in the pine forest |
 |
| Ty! |
 |
| Owen in mid turn |
 |
| 7th out of 19!!! |
 |
| Ty looking at Owen's trophy. He finished with a smile on his face, 19th out of 19th :) |
Owen going through the infield turns and the mud pit ...
Owen approaching the pine forest
Ty approaching the pine forest (don't mind my blabbering, I was talking to Pete on the phone, letting him know that Ty made it through the infield ok)
Owen surprised to hear his name but didn't miss a beat and marched right in there!!
And then our crazy kitty turned 2 ... ahhh ... Tenzing. So cute, handsome and cuddly but you can be a serious pain in the ass sometimes. We love you nonetheless ...
 |
| That picture HURT! |
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I have a lot to be thankful for (obvious if you read this blog).
Tomorrow is also my birthday. I turn 33. I am happy, I feel better than I ever have and I am running my first 10K ever, the Turkey Chase 10K in Bethesda.
I am running it with my friends from Black Belt Martial Arts Center and they have become part of my extended family over the last 5 months.
I have 2 active, lively boys who amaze me everyday. Owen will be running a 2 miler while I do my 10K ... he's only 5. Wow.
Ty wants to run but his little legs won't let him go past 1 mile at this point and that's just fine with him :)
Pete is wonderful, makes me laugh, loves me for what I am and I am proud to be his life partner.
I miss my parents, my brother and my sister everyday. I wish I was closer to them and could support them more actively but apart form that, I couldn't be anymore thankful :)
No comments:
Post a Comment