Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall fun

Indie has been gone for 21 days. We are all adapting somewhat to this change but the absence of a dog presence in our home has been pretty much unbearable. Last week, Pete told me he was ready to adopt again. I was ready after day 2. Grief is still ever present and though I have not cried a lot I still tear up when I think of him ... I know I probably will for the rest of my life. Indie was my first baby and taught us all so much. We are adopting another dog, not to replace Indie (who is of course irreplaceable) but to fill a hole in our family. We are a dog and cat family, not just a cat family. We think we've found our match and are meeting him in flesh today so watch for more posts coming up.

In the meantime, while we are waiting for our visit from the rescue group, The boys are indulging in a bit of fall crafts ... leaf rubbings, leaf men glued on craft papers, cutting etc ...


Mommy, the red oak is on the left and the white oak is on the right!
busy crafters
the rocks MIGHT stick! 

cutting the leaf shapes
rubbing with chalk
See?! Red oak!!
rocks didn't stick, switching to leaf pieces for eyes!
Ty's leaf man

No comments:

Post a Comment