Owen started first grade today. He was a little nervous this AM mostly due to thinking back to last year's first graders warning the kindergartners about not being allowed to speak ANY english in the classroom. Mind you he was completely fine on his own in France this summer but I guess that doesn't count. We found out who his teacher was and met her on Friday. That took a lot of the anxiety away but there was still a little bit of it lingering this AM. We waited for the bus which came and left early unbeknownst to us ... apparently the bus driver didn't notice the bus was to leave 12 minutes later than last year and we were there 10 minutes early (on this year's schedule). Either way, it's better than last year when the bus didn't show up at all for the first week.
I had a feeling this would happen so we drove to school (and the bus was at the entrance of the school wouldn't you know!) and had a good 7 minutes to spare.
I have a FIRST GRADER!!!
A HAPPY FIRST GRADER!!!
He was thrilled when I picked him up from school. He thanked me for sending him back to the same school this year. He is elated and I couldn't be happier for him.



He has such a leg up on his classmates having been to France this summer (and having a French speaking mother.) Such a cutie.
ReplyDeleteYes, I think he knows that logically. He's just such a perfectionist you know. If he isn't sure he can do something perfectly he is very hesitant to dive in. TKD sure is helping with that these days! I think he realized that some of the kids in his class were not in the immersion program last year and don't know a word of French so he said he was going ot hel them and that helps him and reassures him. And yeah, he is a cutie (but I am biased no?)
ReplyDelete