Wow. Time flies when you're having fun. I can't believe it's been 3 months since I last posted anything. Of course, tons of things have happened, most of which have ended up on Facebook since it's so easy that way. Let's try to sum it up a bit:
 |
| Ty in the front doing forms during his green belt test |
-The boys are continuing Taekwondo. They both got their green belts in March and are doing really well. In the last month or so they both have had a sort of "revelation". Newfound focus for Ty, lots of effort to do "the right thing, the first time all by himself" (signs of a leader and readiness for the next step). Owen's really getting into it, verbalizing his yells, wanting to learn more, new stances, kicks etc ... He is ultra motivated to get into the Junior's level. It is a lot of fun to watch. When he moves up, I will join him in class (I checked with him, he's loving the idea)
 |
| Owen getting his green belt |
- I am continuing Muay Thai and love every minute of it. I can't describe the feeling I get when I step into BBMAC every AM for class. Indescribable. I am still sparring and I continue to get so much out of it!
- Owen has picked up his reading and he is taking off. I have been borrowing fun easy reads from Noyes Library and he really enjoys the "Fly Guy" series right now. He read a WHOLE book by himself with minimal help today. He was so proud and happy!! So was I :)
 |
| Owen reading Fly Guy |
- Legos have invaded our house.
- Owen turned 6 (6!!!??)
 |
| Big yells! |
 |
| Made a padded Bo Staff for Ty. He adores it! |
- We have started our geocaching adventures again, much to the boys' delight. We've also introduced a bunch of friends and their kids to it ... that was a hit!
 |
| First really (scary) water hazard ... |
- Pete has gutted our bathroom and done a FABULOUS job renovating it. I swear, there is nothing he can't do. He just amazes me everyday.
 |
| goodbye old bathroom! |
 |
| shower close to finished |
 |
| DONE! |
 |
| Done! |
- Owen has gained a lot of confidence, which shows not only in TKD but in his willingness to let go and speak more French. He had his first full conversation in French with Mounette yesterday and plugged in a few english word when he couldn't figure out the french ones ... without getting frustrated or even batting an eye. It was AWESOME!!
- Ty has been doing an amazing amount of growing lately. He is loving and funny as always but really maturing and developing into a magnificent little boy. He is also very interested in reading so we are slowly working on it with him.
 |
| Ty at school |
- I am starting to lead the AM and PM hikes at the Audubon Nature Preschool this Thursday after having shadowed a great naturalist during the PM hikes this winter. I am a little anxious but really, I've been doing this with Ty and Owen for a while so what's a few more kids and a little curriculum prep?
- I am continuing to hang out with great friends, go to the library, hike and love life. I will try and update more often now that I am somewhat caught up and leave you with the glowstick nunchuck brothers in action. PEACE!
No comments:
Post a Comment