Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Not much going on here ...

Not much has been going on lately. We are working out a LOT.
After borrowing jump ropes and Muay Thai pads from Black Belt Martial Arts Center before the break, we managed to get a workout in every other day even though BBMAC was closed. A few regulars of the AM classes showed up every time at Saint Paul park, no matter the weather, and made this mandatory break from classes manageable. I would have gone in COMPLETE withdrawal without these outdoor workout with friends.
Signed up for a challenge with BBMAC to do 100 puh-ups, 200 squats and 200 crunches per day for 2 months. We started during the break instead of waiting for the actual start date of January 3rd. It's hard but it is awesome and way worth it. The boys are doing 15 to 30 of each every day and so far they have been motivated to do them.
I am getting stronger every day, already seeing results after 3 weeks. I also started sparring this week and I LOVE it ... I absolutely LOVE it. Another item added in this year: I have decided to try out Jiu Jitsu. Mr Nick is awesome and with a few examples and encouragement from friends I decided to take the plunge and try it out on Monday AM. It was cool! A hell of a neck and shoulder workout, and though I doubt that I will ever be as in love with Jiu Jitsu as I am with Muay Thai, it is still pretty awesome. I have my first "real" class on Saturday.
Ty is really getting into Tae Kwon Do lately and Owen is getting a lot more since he moved to the advanced Little Dragons after getting his gold belt. I think he was a little bored in the other class and this one provides him with new and bigger challenges. Both boys are rearing to go ... they would go everyday if I let them LOL. Ty really wants to be a "Junior" and practices his "junior voice" everyday. In the shower, in the kitchen, as soon as a good tune comes on in the car ... sorry the video is sideways. I couldn't find a way to fix it.


"Haya" pose :)
Owen made an awesome play-dough dog the other day

standing
sitting
and over the break, I made a new compost bin for the Nature Preschool. It was a pretty neat project and the boys cut out all of the flower pictures from seed catalogues. I added pictures of the kids in both AM and PM class and there you have it :). For the record I didn't come up with the idea. The previous bin was full of pictures and I really liked it so I decided to copy it and add my own touch of flowers in there. The other one only had pictures of kids.



There you have it. Not much going on around here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment