Using Facebook like a blog is getting a little old. Let's see what we can do with an actual blog!
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Trying to catch up
Phew ... it's hard to catch up with the blog when you let time laps a bit. It's not like we're doing anything particularly interesting either but it's still nice to keep far away family updated here. Well, thankfully, there's still Facebook as a temporary means of communication.
Ok, so in a flash, since my last post the boys have both decided that they don't want to really cut their hair anymore and want to adopt one of their beloved Tae Kwon Do instructor's hair do: the mohawk. Admittedly, Master Lee has a REAL mohawk and the shaved sides are styled and everything. The boys will just have to do with the Fauxhawk I give them when they request the famous "Master RJ Hair" ... you will see more through the pictures.
Ty's Fauxhawk
He's happy with it :)
We're enjoying the last few warming rays of sunshine before the end of fall. Boys are playing various new games these days, like the "pick lots of mint leaves to make tea for mommy" game. Owen came up with a great lounging system while they were shredding all the mint:
Tea prep also came with sound effet:
Our 7ish year old dishwasher also recently died on us so we fed it to the wolves ... I mean, gave it to the boys to take apart. The first few days they actually used appropriate tools, took it patiently apart piece by piece.
Today, they finished it off:
That also came with sound effects:
On the motorcycle front ...
Pete started a new "custom sticker" tradition before his races which made 2 little boys quite happy and proud:
They have also been having a LOT of fun riding together. Our friends Steve, Sandy and their daughter Bailey came over yesterday and over 3 hours of fun was had by ALL:
When planning for the track, we had a tree limb to take care of and the boys were quite happy to help us
I took a few pictures of the track but they didn't come out as well as I had hoped
rock garden and side view of whoops
Big log crossing
rocks and whoops
Finally, today the boys and I ran the Halloween Young Run in Rockville. We did the 1 miler, last year Owen and I ran the 1/2 mile. Owen ran with his best friend Claire and her dad for 1/4 of a mile then took off the rest of the race. He could have done this in his sleep. I can see a few longer races in his future. Ty did great and finished with a sprint. Every finisher got a medal and it wasn't a timed event but the boys loved the racing atmosphere.
Ty wanted leftover pizza as breakfast/race fuel so I humored him ...
Here we are!! Cold and waiting for your friends
With Claire and a little piece of Grandmama who came to cheer
Happy finisher
Proud Owen (notice the Master RJ Hair)
I will try to do a better job at keeping the blog updated ... selfishly to prevent having to remember all the stuff that happened over the space of a week or two. That's too much mind fitness for me these days :)
No comments:
Post a Comment