I miss the old playground.
They did a fabulous job at completely rebuilding, keeping the play structures challenging but everything is STERILE! The old playground felt like a private island, a continuous flow of wooden paths, bridges going up, down and to the sides, scary slides and tons of fun places to hide.
The new playground has lost all of that and it just fells naked.
That said, the boys loved it, it is one of the most physically challenging playground I have ever seen in the US, so let's celebrate THAT!
What I miss and what it used to be ... those are not my pictures, I got them from various sites on the web:























Isn't it amazing how different plastic can feel? So many things you never really thought about and then one little change and "BANG!" there they are right in front of you. I'm glad the boys like the new playground. It looks pretty spectacular.
ReplyDeleteFunny to see your post, I read your awesome tail of Loowit Trail last night and I was mesmerized. It sounded so cool and scary ... and your little guy is certainly a trooper. You must be so happy to have such a great hiking partner! He truly is amazing!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, the metal and plastic is nothing compared to the wood but at least they made the structures challenging enough. Thanks for dropping by :)