Saturday, August 6, 2011

Our delightful wet summer afternoon

We started our morning with a bang: 6th day in a row of kickboxing for me and taekwondo for the boys. The rest of our day was pure leisure and remained as fun.
The boys played with toys, had a "great lunch" according to Owen (I made big wrap sandwiches with garden veggies, ham and cheese ... not that inventive but nothing was left on the plates) and spent a good hour water painting the whole bathroom, most of their rooms and the hallway. What I mean by that is that they get clean paint brushes, soak them in water and "paint" everything from floor to walls and then wipe with a towel. What a great game!
They decided to paint with real paint after that ... I guess the transparency was getting a bit boring. Ty made a fabulously colorful reversible painting and Owen did his first representative painting ever (at least at home ... I can't remember seeing one at school either though)

Owen's on the top and side 1 of Ty's on the bottom

side 2 of Ty's now visible
As soon as I put the paintings outside to dry, it started raining so we moved them into the garage (seen above) and I told the boys to run to their rooms to change into bathing suits and run outside to enjoy the rain before it stopped. It lead to this funny video of them running in the rain and playing frisbee


And then there was the laughter, the funny faces, the swinging, climbing, jumping and picking flowers for Mama ... my sweet boys, my active boys my loving boys. 
nice throw by Ty
surprised by the camera
CHEEEEESE
blaaaaaaaahh! and Ty caught a raindrop in the eye
sweet and goofy 
trying to whistle!!
Ty laughing
brothers loving each other ... common sight these days and it makes me melt 
Ty trying his hand at boomerang ...
Owen picks a "surprise for Mama" ... I love it! 
Ty decides to do the same ... this shot is funny and really give sense to the flower's name "black eyed susan"
climbing boys
Almost at the top ... 

Owen trying to teach Ty how to swing on his own
Ty having too much fun to listen
my happy boy
 Owen action shots while jumping off the swings





No comments:

Post a Comment