Saturday, March 2, 2013

This one's for me

There hasn't been much going on in the last couple of months beside more of the same and the addition of illnesses, rampant through the house.
The puppy is awesome, full of energy and has a great relationship with every single member of the family. The boys are almost 100% healthy from a mix of stomach bug and flu-like virus, the latter of which Pete and I both got as well. I'm still coughing and hacking and my voice is still gone as of today.
Either way, we're coming out of it, hope for spring to show up. Since this post is for me, I should get on with it.

Today, with the help of the BBMAC challenge Ms Marilyn placed before us, I reached my weight goal. The last day of the challenge is tomorrow. I made it and though I didn't win any categories of this particular challenge, I won anyway.

When I started martial arts in early July of 2011 I weighed 165 pounds. I would love to post before and after pictures but I promised Pete that I wouldn't (he was feeling too much anguish at the amount of skin in the full body pictures LOL!!!).
Today, I weigh 131 lbs. I am lean, muscular and though I still have a bit of extra blubber I want to loose around the hip/butt/thigh area, I couldn't be happier.

I have lost 34 lbs so far in this journey, I have loss WAY more fat lbs than those 34 and in exchange, gained a lot of muscle weight. I don't plan on stopping there. "Strong is the new beautiful" ... I certainly believe that with all of my heart ... so my journey is really just starting. My next goal is to get a 6 pack by the end of July this year as I continue the fat to muscle exchange.
I am proud of myself. I've always be overweight and never enjoyed physical activity aside from horseback riding but muay thai and tae kwon do are my new passion. I can do it everyday and every day I have fun and learn something new. Everyday I get to play and be social with a fabulous group of people that have become an extension of my family. They keep me in check, hold me accountable, help support and motivate me when I need it. In return, I get to do the same.
Here are the only pictures I can show:




Now, some random pictures of life :)


Trader Joe's shopper
Dog likes melon

Healthy snack and blue-blue eyes

Nappish dog

American Ninja Warrior in the basement


The only bit of snow this winter
Another math lover

sick doesn't mean lonely

Big thump on the floor not followed by crying. Someone was very tired!

Real england soccer kit from aunt Marie and her cool boyfriend Paul

Training pays off ...

unless it's time for a shower ... then Whibley plays stealth ninja dog


2 comments:

  1. Ahahah je me demandais si tu avais reposté après ça... j'avais pas pris le temps de commenter !! Ty il me fait trop rire !! j'espère que vous allez bien et que vous avez bien fêté l'anniv d'Owen !! big kisses from france !!!

    ReplyDelete